The first thing you need to do is catch up on all of your other household bills, like electricity, gas, water, – utilities. Once you get those bills current then you can begin to work in earnest on the Dave Ramsey Plan.To get caught up with the bills, sell those items which you no longer need or can afford such as cable/satellite TV, extra cell phones, a land line if everyone is dependent upon cell phones etc. Look seriously at the grocery budget, and what you’re buying in the grocery store. Start cooking more from scratch than the more expensive pre-fabricated mixes/kits etc. Learn to shop on the perimeter of the grocery store (fresh items, produce, meat, dairy) fresh frozen etc.We’ll ask you about specific budget items later, your first priority now that you’ve caught up your rent, is to get your household bills current.
What you need to do is figure out what you make and your monthly expenses. Once you have it WRITTEN down, you can act on it. Make sure your ‘4 walls’ are taken care of – housing, food, utilities, transportation. Those are things that MUST be paid. Everything else
after that is negotiable. Do you have enough money to pay your current bills? If so, anything left over goes towards debt. List
your debts lowest to highest. Make the minimum payments on all the debts except the smallest. Throw everything you can at that one.
When that one is paid, take what you were paying them, and any other money you can squeeze out of your budget and pay on the next one.
and ask for some assistance in where to get started. My friends call me Kat.. I am a Mom of 6 and work full time. My husband is currently not employed and has some gambling issues. All of our children live with us and one daughter is now expecting. 2 of the kids do contribute to the household. Our finances are a mess, some weeks we don’t have enough for food. Every single bill is behind. So far I have been robbing Peter to pay Paul. What I am most confused about is that I make a decent salary and bad choices I guess. Currently we are paying 2400 in rent monthly (current and past) because we were 5 months behind and I had to make an arrangement for us to stay in the house. Essentially we are living on 1400 a month. Our payment plan is done now and we will only have to pay the current. Because that 800 a month will be now available, I want to make sure I am making the right decisions. My fear is the other bills have suffered because we were focused on the rent. Any suggestions? I was not sure what other information to put out there.
1. MLM is fatally flawed as a business model for distributors – It is DEGIGNED to make 99% distributors fail – why ? because of pt #1 in your post – about products being good for “own use”. Since you are a management student, I am sure you can figure that one out.
2. Your assertion that people who eat at restaurants are somehow “losers” is very MLM conditioned – I have heard similar things from other bots – why watch TV when you can recruit, or even play golf when you can recruit ? I suppose winners only eat at restaurants when they can recruit everybody at the restaurant. So I would suggest that you drop this nonsensical crap – because lots of people eat at restaurants because they LIKE to….
3. Your assertions about MLMs reducing distribution costs are patently false – if you compare prices of comparable products of any MLM to prices at Walmart or online retailers like amazon.com – you will see MLM products are outrageously overpriced – The only way you can sell at those prices is to a captive market – that is – to distributors – even that by hyping MLM products by making mostly baseless claims about their superiority.
4. The BIGGEST LIE in MLM is actually that you are guaranteed to succeed if you work hard.
5. MLM is not like any other business – so stop making that absurd comparision – and buying products for personal use does not constitute an “investment”.
And finally, here’s something for you to ponder. ABSOLUTELY nothing you have said here is new. There are no revelations here – ask yourself how many 1000s of people -on this forum or elsewhere have made the same analysis as you and failed – and ask yourself why that may be ? Maybe you will learn something.
I make it a point to speak the truth and I’ve found people in MLMs don’t want to hear the truth. They believe what they want to hear and nothing else, no matter whether it is provable fact or not.
That is one major part where you are showing that you just don’t have the experience or background to know what you’re talking about. If you want to understand, then do more research. Read the stores at the sites that are not pro-mlm. If you were really interested in dialog and learning, then you would have looked at BOTH sides of the issue, not just the people that say it’s good. How can you know that anything you think is true is true unless you’ve examined BOTH sides of the issue well THEN, and ONLY THEN, made up your mind?